ABLT Artwork Specifications
Please follow our artwork guidelines below to ensure the quickest and best results for your labels. If you have any questions, please call us and a trained ABLT professional will assist you.
Software Supported/File Formats (PC and Mac)
- Adobe Illustrator – versions CS4 and earlier
- Adobe Photoshop – versions CS4 and earlier (do not flatten layers)
- Adobe Acrobat PDF (do not flatten layers)
- JPG/JPEG format – at least 256 colors or B&W
- TIFF format for digital print (preferably uncompressed) with 360 dpi
- Use a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
- Select 4-Color CMYK digital printing. Specify PMS or Pantone colors (color matching is possible, but less accurate).
- Send all linked files, photos, graphics and fonts. Do not embed linked photos, graphics or files.
- Convert text to outlines.
- If bleeds are used, provide .125” – 1/16th” (artwork/color extending past crop marks of actual label)
- File names to include extension (.eps, .ai, .tiff, . psd).Multiple designs should be sent as individual files with company/project specific titles.
- Electronic submission is preferred for files up to 5MB and can be sent via email attachment to email@example.com. All files should be compressed with a .zip or .sit format and placed into a clearly labeled folder specific to your project.
- CD-R or DVD-R disks should be mailed to our ABLT office (PO Box 841, Scottdale, GA 30079) via a trackable carrier (such as FedEx or UPS).
- For larger files, please contact us for instructions on posting to our DropBox account.
- Labels designed by the customer are accepted “as is” by ABLT and will not be edited or changed without the customer’s written directives. Please proof-read your artwork BEFORE submission. The customer must approve final proof prior to printing.
- If desired, ABLT can provide custom design work at a charge of $60 per hour.
After receiving the artwork, ABLT will run a limited number of free digitally printed proofs and send them to the customer for approval. After customer’s written approval of artwork, colors, materials, size, shape, design and text, ABLT will run the full order. The first set of press proofs are offered for free; additional sets are available for a charge. Design changes to the proofs may also incur an additional charge.