To simplify the label design process, please answer the specification and requirement questions below.
If you need help answering any of these questions, contact an ABLT label specialist at (800) 321-3653 who will walk you through the process.
- Label Dimensions – Describe the size width (across the web) x length (in the direction of the web)
- Label Quantity
- Label Material: To determine label material, describe how label will be used.
- How many colors?
- Printing on one or both sides? Yes/No
- Will label require numbering or serialization? Yes/No
- Will the label be laminated? Yes/No
- Core Size (size of inner roll around which labels are wound) Most common inner diameter cores are 3” and 1”.
- Maximum outside dimension. Normal outer diameter for thermal transfer printing is 8”.
Factors to consider when choosing label material:
- Will label be exposed to outside elements? Yes/No
- What is the required life span of the label? 1 year, 2-5 years, 5+ years, (don’t know)
- Will the label be exposed to chemicals? If yes, what kind(s)? Yes/No
- What are the minimum and maximum temperatures to which the label will be exposed?
- What will be the temperature upon application?
- Will the label be applied by hand or machine? Hand/Machine
- Will the label receive additional printing by the end-user? Yes/No If yes, what type of printer will be used?
Any additional information you can add is always appreciated.